Want to follow a Facebook link and don't belong to Facebook? Just right-click and choose "open in new tab".
Faculty Merit Awards
13-14 for AY 12-13
Librarian and Academic Professional Merit 13-14 for AY 12-13
Collective Bargaining Agreement
Your Right to a TAUP Representative
TAUP 2014 Audit Results for FY2013
Available to All TAUP Members
TAUP Constitution and Bylaws
of Teachers Main Site
TAUP Member Benefits
October 20, 2014
TAUP Member Contract Ratification Information
Dear TAUP members,
On behalf of the TAUP Executive Committee, I’m very happy to present the tentative agreement between Temple and TAUP for your approval. It is the product of intense, hard bargaining between union and management, involving compromises on both sides. TAUP achieved something on virtually every issue that we raised.
These negotiations set a new level of cooperation, responsiveness, and creative thinking on both parts. Every issue and proposal we brought up was discussed thoroughly and treated respectfully. We treated the administration’s proposals with the same measure of respect, even when we raised objections or sought changes to them. We believe that the negotiations form the basis for continued good relations between the parties.
For the faculty, librarians, and academic professionals in our bargaining unit, we achieved many significant gains. See the TAUP summary and the actual Tentative Agreement for full details, but here are some highlights:
- Pay package - 11.5% to 12.5% over 4 years, including:
- ATB raises – 6.5% over 4 years, i.e., 1.625% each year, exceeding recent inflation (the 2013 CPI-U was 1.6%)
- Merit pay - 5.0% to 6.0% overall, including an innovative merit program that provides for group awards and for RCM (decentralized budgeting) performance
- NTT pension - Major increases for nontenure-track faculty
- Tenure & Promotion - strengthened faculty role and increased transparency and timeliness in assembling and evaluating T&P file
- NTT multi-year contracts and promotion – multi-year appointments after 3 years and uniform guidelines and criteria for promotion
- Librarian issues - limits on workload and on hiring of fixed-term librarians
- Faculty workload - flexibility within specified limit
- Administration openness and responsiveness to proposals on:
- Non-Temple tuition benefits for dependent children
- Childcare resources (which could include daycare on campus)
- Workload guidelines
- Discipline & dismissal - improved flexibility and cooperation
Of course, we didn’t get all that we asked for. We also accepted some increases in co-pays for health care visits, but were able to get them phased in. Nevertheless, on balance there are many gains and very few losses in the tentative agreement.
You are invited to attend our informational meetings on WebEx on Tuesday, Oct. 21, from 12:00 noon to 1:30 PM and/or Wednesday, Oct. 22, from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM. You will receive information on how to login/call-in by separate email.
You will be able to vote immediately upon receiving a receive a second separate email with voting instructions, and voting will remain open until noon on Monday October 27, 2014.
The Executive Committee and I strongly urge you to vote YES on the contract. The bigger the yes vote and the greater the vote total, the clearer the message is to the administration that we are strong, united and willing to build on our momentum.
October 17, 2014
TAUP EC Votes Approval of Tentative Agreement Process Set for Member Information & Voting
The TAUP Executive Committee met today in a special session to review the tentative collective bargaining agreement between TAUP and Temple University. It was unanimously approved.
The next steps in the ratification processes are set.
- On Monday, members will receive access to the full text of the Tentative Agreement (TA).
- At that time, members will also receive a brief TAUP summary of the provisions of the TA with a cover letter from TAUP President Art Hochner.
- Members will also receive a link to the ratification ballot, which will be conducted using a secure website for a secret ballot.
- Two information sessions will be held next week, using WebEx - accessible through a web link and/or a toll-free telephone number. Members will receive an invitation to the sessions next Monday.
- Tuesday, October 21, from 12:00 Noon to 1:30 PM.
- Wednesday, October 22, from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM.
- The voting deadline will be October 27, 2014, at Noon, at which time ballots will be counted.
- Results will be announced shortly thereafter.
If you are not a TAUP member and wish to vote, you may join prior to the deadline. Just notify the TAUP Office at email@example.com or 215-763-2287
October 16, 2014
TAUP & Temple Reach Tentative Agreement
Very early this morning, the TAUP and Temple negotiating teams reached a tentative agreement on a comprehensive collective bargaining contract. The previous contract expired at midnight last night, October 15.
The tentative agreement must receive a positive vote from the TAUP Executive Committee before being sent to the dues-paying members of TAUP for a ratification vote. The details of the contract will be shared with TAUP members before being made public.